-
September 15th, 2004, 09:43 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I recently bought the Swan Lake outfit. I love the black leotard and both pairs of tights, but the white outfit seems to have some problems. For one, the clear snaps WILL NOT stay closed! They keep opening up. Anyone else have this problem? The swan wings especially won't stay on the outfit. I'm pretty sure I'm putting them on the right way. It's so frustrating!
Also, the snap on the biggest part of Felicity's behind won't snap. Is this because historicals have bigger behinds than AGT's? Or pre-mattels bigger than mattels? (lol...)
Should I exchange this for a new ballet outfit or will I have these problems with any of them? [img]confused.gif[/img]
-
September 15th, 2004, 10:32 PM
#2
Inactive Member
oh crud.
I thought it was just ours....
I took it back for a new one because we had the same exact problem & I haven't tried the new one on yet. I assumed we just had a bad one. The clear snaps wouldn't stay closed on our first one either. It was like the middle 2 that wouldn't stay shut.
the black leotard in our new set is comming apart at the neckline too- without ever even having played with it.
Its such a gorgeous set- but I agree, there are some quality issues. The headband is really tight too.
Bummer.......
-
September 15th, 2004, 10:40 PM
#3
Inactive Member
My Outfit fits fine, I bought it last year before Christmas. My problem is when it was on the doll, sometime during the night the cats attacked it! I found all the pieces and it wasn't ruined. The snaps are what saved it, they unsnapped from the outfit,otherwise they would have wrestled the doll too.
Now the outfit hangs up in an armoire, safe from the beasts!
-
September 16th, 2004, 12:26 AM
#4
courtneysunshine
Guest
Our outfit is snug as well, but we can still get it to snap together. We had to get a replacement as well, but it was because it basically fell apart. The beads were coming off and the stitching was coming apart. We knew that it would be retired eventually so we made sure we got our replacement as soon as possible. We purchased ours in February and we got our replacement this past summer. My daughter has played with her replacement outfit and we haven't had any problems. I would definitely get a replacement if you are not happy with the outfit.
Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
September 17th, 2004, 02:39 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I have the same problems! It is really hard to get that outfit to snap and stay on. It barely works. I can fit it on the doll if I try, tug hard and squeeze the doll's body.
When Samantha was wearing the outfit, my dear Bichon, Emma, attacked it. OMG - she loves the feathers! The outfit wasn't wrecked, however, I found the missing feathers and was able to put it back together. Emma did the same thing to the pink, feathery Valentine wings for Coconut and to my daughter's feathery headpiece from her dance recital outfit.
Now, any doll wearing feathers must go on top the dresser and out of harms way.
-
September 17th, 2004, 02:57 AM
#6
chrstnwmn7
Guest
I have noticed that my nellie doll is larger than my AGT doll. I guess they did that to be able to tell the difference if someone sent in a doll to the hospital?
-
September 17th, 2004, 05:18 AM
#7
Sail-Away
Guest
I know that the majority of the Mattel dolls are slimmer then the older dolls. I haven't really decided which I would prefer. We have noticed some of the newer outfits fit the older dolls a little more snug then the AGoT's we have.
As always if there is a problem with the outfit I would change it out. Heck I ahve done so on many occasions. Out Samantha doll, which was a first year release, doesn't fit into her winter party dress very well. It is snug around her hips. But we have it and set other dolls into the dress. But if you aren't happy, change it out.
Good luck!
-
September 17th, 2004, 10:51 AM
#8
Inactive Member
I have the same issues with mine. The snaps do not stay closed. Also, the trim on the sleeve/wrist is sewn with to short of a stictch so the lycra wont stretch. Its almost impossible to get Samanthas hands through the sleeves.
Nann
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 17, 2004 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Nann ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks